Sunday, September 11, 2011

Continued

So sometime a little less than two months ago I invoked a maxim invented by Lorne Michaels. Which had been repeated by Tina Fey. I tried to make it a motivational something. A week later I posted an entry. And a few days later I realized a significant difference between myself, Lorne Michaels, and Tina Fey. They have people counting on them. If the show doesn’t go up, countless lives are affected. If I don’t post a blog entry, nothing happens. I have a vague sense of noncompletion. A nagging notion that I have to do that sometime. But ultimately, there are no actual real world consequences. So when real world things intervene, this becomes one of the first things to take a back seat. I mean, let’s be honest, this takes a back seat merely when I’m not in the mood. So, when a few days after my last posting, I found out that my rent was going up and I had to move, this blog was the least of my worries. A few days ago, I signed a lease. Which means I’m moving sometime in the next 20 days. So I probably shouldn’t even be doing this now. But I may find it a respite when moving stress becomes too great. So I may finish this soon. Or I may abandon it altogether. But it seems to me that if I can’t wrap it up by the one year anniversary of the beginning, that is, October 23, 2011, I will probably declare it finished. So whatever I can get done in the interim will be it as far as the initial 100 titles are concerned anyway. I may still use this forum to write about something. But that remains unclear. So if there’s anyone out there still paying attention, keep your eyes peeled. You may get closure or you may be frustrated. But something will definitely happen. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment